The Nigerian Exquisite Lady Of the Year (ELOY) Awards has announced plans to honour the best female tech innovator and social media personality, at its 10th year anniversary later this month.
This is with the introduction of the “ELOY AWARD FOR TECHNOLOGY /ICT /SCIENCE and LUFTHANSA ELOY AWARD FOR SOCIAL MEDIA PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR” categories.
Speaking today at the ELOY Awards Press Conference 2018, the founder of ELOY Awards and Publisher Exquisite magazine, Mrs Tewa Onasanya says “We are delighted to have the 10th year anniversary of ELOY Awards, it is a milestone for us.
“This year, we are having 21 categories, which is about five more categories than last year’s event.
“We are having ELOY AWARD For Technology /ICT /Science, Lufthansa ELOY Award For Social Media Personality Of The Year among other new categories. So, we have expanded the scope with the support of sponsors to cover these new categories”.
On what to expect from the 10th year anniversary event, ” People should expect great fun from the prestigious ELOY Awards. The best event where ladies of all categories will be celebrated AND Dress-code is to show how audaciously iconic you can get with dressing” she added.
ELOY Awards, a brainchild of Tewa, was launched in 2009 with the aim of recognizing and celebrating women of excellence across different spheres.
With the 10th year anniversary, the award has become the first ever successful award ceremony of its kind in Nigeria with over 1, 000,000 votes in 2016 and widely recognized as an award ceremony with great integrity in Nigeria.
The awards which are scheduled to hold on the 25th of November at the Lagos Continental Hotel (formerly Intercontinental Hotel) by 5:00pm, had the presence of Lufthansa Air, Martini, Coca-Cola, Ediye, FIRS and Lush Hair as sponsors at the conference.
In an interview with Africa Tech Report Onasanya says “We are in the digital age, and women are not left out in initiating the ongoing disruption. It is only noble that such excellent ladies be celebrated, necessitating the need for some of the new categories.”
New categories also include He4She awards; targeted at men helping women to be their best, Lufthansa Eloy Award for Hospitality, Public Service Award, among others.
A 2017 award winner, Adeyinka, an On Air Personality, Moet Abebe“ Sound City Fm;R2 Fm Ibadan said “This is a very big event, I was shocked to be nominated last year and won. Thank you for starting this to recognize women and their exploits”.
The ELOY Award For Technology /ICT /Science is sponsored by Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) while the Social Media Personality Of The Year is sponsored by Lufthansa Air with the winner getting a free premium economy class ticket to anywhere in the world.
1. Direct leadership: responsible for the duties of others in a business environment. The leadership ability to affect human behaviour and accomplish a mission. Must be capable of influencing people to achieve set goals.
2. Indirect leadership: she has earned the respect of others due to past or current achievements.
3. Service: has helped a colleague, associates to grow, develop and achieve goals and given assistance to the community.
4. Commitment: shows a level of dedication to her goals and ability to achieve them.
5. Achievement: shows evidence of growth in her business or profession.
6. Integrity: must act according to values, beliefs and principles that shape the future for the better. Actions of integrity.
7. Character: meeting her responsibilities and being a good Nigerian
How to vote
To vote for your favourite nominee, the public is enjoined to visit here and get their nominee celebrated. The awards cover ladies who have done tangible exploits within the last one year from August 2017 to September 2018.